Nebraska Business Insurance
Husker Insurance understands the importance of businesses in the community. As an independent insurance agency in Nebraska, we take pride in reviewing your options with multiple insurance companies and comparing protection and prices to find you the best value for your business. Husker Insurance is committed to being an advocate for you and your business in times of need. Husker Insurance knows that in Nebraska, there are many unique insurance needs and we’re here to help today.
Nebraska Small Business Insurance
Husker Insurance can help, if you have a professional services business in Nebraska. We currently offer a range of small business insurance coverage, including; professional liability insurance, general liability insurance and more. We offer Nebraska small business insurance across the entire great state. Husker Insurance small business insurance products include:
General Liability Insurance for Nebraska:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: An interior designer invites a prospective client to their home office to review color and fabric samples. The client trips on the steps and breaks their arm. The designer has a general liability insurance policy which could cover the costs of the client’s injuries.
- Property damage: An IT consultant is performing maintenance on a client’s server. The temporary assistant he hired to help with the project, spills a cup of coffee on the server, damaging it beyond repair. The consultant’s general liability insurance policy could cover the cost to replace the server.
- Defamation and Slander: A marketing consultant posts on social media on behalf of a client. The post includes what is supposed to be a lighthearted reference to a competitor, however, there is a typo in the post that changes the meaning. The resulting post is quite derogatory, and the competitor sues. The consultant’s client sues them, but they could be protected with a general liability insurance policy.
Professional Liability Insurance for Nebraska:
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), this policy covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A personal trainer suggests a new exercise to a client. The client fails to disclose to the trainer, that he had back surgery recently and the new exercise causes back pain. The client sues the trainer. A professional liability insurance policy could protect the trainer, even if they didn’t make a mistake.
- Copyright Infringement: A graphic designer creates a logo for a client in the technology space. Several months after the client begins to use the logo, they receive a cease and desist order from a large corporation in another industry, stating that the logo infringes on their copyright. The client sues the designer to recover the costs to redesign the logo and reprint their marketing materials. The designer is protected by a professional liability policy, which could cover their costs.
Business Owners Policy for Nebraska:
Business Owner’s policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- An IT consultant’s server is damaged when there is a power surge, and it cannot be repaired. The cost to replace the server could be covered by the consultant’s Business Owner’s Policy.
- There is a gas leak in the strip mall where a retail store is located, forcing the store to shut down for a week. A business owner’s policy that includes business interruption coverage could protect the retailer from the costs associated with the loss of business.
Workers’ Compensation for Nebraska:
Workers’ Compensation in Nebraska is designed to help those who have been injured on the job by providing certain benefits to employees who sustain injury by accident or occupational disease arising out of and in the course of their employment, and who are not willfully negligent at the time of the injury.
It should not be confused with unemployment compensation, Social Security disability benefits, health and accident insurance, or other disability benefit plans provided by the employer. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Slips and Falls: Most of the time, employers go out of their way to enforce safety standards and regulations to protect their workers. In the event working conditions are not ideal, causing an employee to slip or fall causing injury, workers’ compensation could come into play.
- Struck by an Object: Sometimes objects fall from above onto employees. It’s a very common accident in the construction industry, causing serious or maybe fatal injuries. When this happens workers’ compensation could come into play.
- Machinery Accidents: Machinery accidents are some of the most common accidents that occur in the workplace. As a result, workers’ compensation could come into play.